This took about 2 hours to make. It’s enough for a lot of people, and is easy to make.
- 250g cashew nuts
- 450g dates
- 120g + 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 150g peanut butter (smooth if possible, mine wasn’t as smooth as in the original recipe), or almond butter
- 300g chocolate
- 6-10 tablespoons water
- Blend the cashews in a mixer/food processor until it becomes as thin as flour. Add in 150g of dates and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix again until it all comes together.
- Pour the mixture in a 20cm cake tin, using a cooking sheet at least on the bottom. I added 4 little strips on the sides (still attached to the bottom face), to be able to pull out the tart later on.
- Compact the mixture, you can use a cooking sheet to avoid it sticking to your spoon/knife.
- Blend the rest of the dates (300g), the peanut butter, 120g of coconut oil and the water. You don’t have to wash the mixer/food processor. This should take quite a long time (around 10 minutes for me). It should have a proper caramel texture ; if it doesn’t then mix again (or add more water if it’s not mixing).
- Spread the new mixture on top of the old one, you can use the same cooking sheet & spoon to make it smooth.
- Melt the chocolate and 4 tablespoons of coconut oil by making a bain-marie.
- Pour the chocolate in the cake tin.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
This is absolutely delicious, but if you eat too much of it you’ll get sick. It’s really heavy, and best consumed in small doses.
Overall, I’d give it a 5/5.
Read other posts