This took about 45min to make. It’s enough for 6 tortillas, and is easy to make.
- 540ml canned black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 125ml of water
- 125g brown rice
- Corn (2 teaspoons per tortilla)
- Avocados (count around an avocado and a half for 6 burritos)
- Vegetable broth
- Start cooking your rice, adding the vegetal broth, following the instructions on the pack.
- In a large pan, add the black beans, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, agave nectar, and water. Stir for a bit over high-heat and then wait until the black beans absorb the liquid, reducing the heat a little. This should take around 5 minutes.
- Cut your avocados in thin slices.
- Then, for each tortilla:
- You want to center all of the ingredients to be able to fold the burrito properly. See this tutorial.
- Add a bit of salsa on the bottom of the tortilla.
- Add your rice on top, followed by the black beans, the corn, the avocado bits and again a layer of salsa.
- Fold the burritos. See the tutorial linked above.
These were really tasty. I started adding the layer of salsa on the bottom after the third burrito or so, and it really adds something. Maybe next time I’ll try more daring ingredients.
Overall, I’d give it a 4.5/5.