This took 2 hours and a half to prepare - altough I was slow at the beginning. It’s enough for 5 people.
- 1kg of potatoes
- 350g flour
- Cook the potatoes using a steam cooker.
- Mash them in a large bowl, until you can’t find little potato chunks. Don’t mix for too long - It’ll make the gnocchis too elastic.
- Add in the flour, and mix until it’s getting too hard.
- Put the dough on a flat surface, and use your hands to finish mixing it, forming a large cylinder.
- Cut roughly 2cm slices, molding them into longer cylinders. Cut each cylinder into small pieces - about a bite size.
- Use a fork to imprint the stripes of a gnocchi into each piece.
- Put the gnocchis into boiling water ; they’ll cook in a few minutes if not less. You’ll know they’re ready when they come up to the surface.
- [Optional] Put the gnocchis into a large pan, with a bit of olive oil,
The gnocchis were good - but not that great when eaten alone. Adding a bit of tomato sauce on top was a game changer.
Overall, I’d give them a 4.25/5.