This took about an hour and a half to make. It’s enough for 5 people, and is easy to make.
- White rice
- A big block of Tofu
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Sriracha sauce (to taste)
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Cut the tofu in uniform cubes.
- Press the tofu : in a towel, lie the blocks and add weight on top ; then wait for 15-30 min.
- In a bowl, add tamari, avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the tofu cubes little by little and mix.
- Add corn starch gradually.
- Put the tofu on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30min, flipping them halfway through.
- Start cooking the rice and the broccolis after approximately 15min. We cooked the broccolis with a steam cooker.
- Add teriyaki sauce and sriracha sauce, and mix.
- Add sesame seeds at the end.
The meal was really good! The thing I’m not too used about is the texture of the tofu cubes : they were too mushy. They’re supposed to be firm on the outside and tender on the inside, but I think the inside wasn’t tender enough.
I’ll have to play with the cooking time, I’m not too sure if I should reduce or increase it tough.
Overall, I’d give them a 4.25/5, I’d happily eat them anyday.