This took about an half-hour to make, and is really easy.
Use the new recipe instead, it’s way better.
- 260g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - the original recipe used 1 teaspoon of pink salt, but regular salt worked just fine
- 275g brown sugar
- 120ml oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons plant milk
- Chocolate chips - we used 70% cocoa dark chocolate chopped in small pieces
- Preheat oven at 175°C.
- Mix the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder and the salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the brown sugar and the oil. Then, add the vanilla and the plant milk.
- Combine the two bowls by adding the dry mix to the wet mix one cup at a time, until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold.
- Scoop the dough with a spoon into 5cm thick balls and place them on a cookie sheet 5cm appart. We used aluminium instead of a cookie sheet.
- Bake at the center of the oven for 13-15min, or until light golden brown.
The cookies were really under-baked - so much so that my sister felt kinda bloated after eating one. Cooking them for 5 more minutes (for a total of 18-20 min) is a good idea.
They also were really big, a 5cm ball definitely seems excessive. I think we had enough dough to make at least 12 smaller cookies.
Overall, I’d give them a 3.5/5 ; they’re definitely improvable.